Monday 14 August 2017

Designers Guild - William Yeoward Philippine Wallpapers

1

I can't get enough blue and white in my home, so when I saw Designers Guild's William Yeoward Philippine Wallpapers, it was instant love and instant "want".


I haven't quite worked out why William Yeoward have named this range "Philippine Wallpapers", possibly they are printed in the Philippines but I do feel some of the designs are reminiscent of the hand blocked indigenous fabrics I saw when I lived in SE Asia. They describe their new designs as "large scale and unique, geometric, floral, striped designs. What is definitely unique about them is the range of printing techniques used to produce these papers, some even appear hand blocked. The range consists of a mix of "dramatic modern florals, textural stripes and geometric tiling". The colour palette covers hues of rich indigo and includes more earthy tones reminding me of the ochre hue I often use in my floral paintings.

2
3
4
5
 6
 7
8

I don't know about you but I have definitely been inspired and would love to wallpaper behind the bed in our guest room once my son moves out. I will definitely be choosing blue and white and totally in love with the wallpaper to the right of image 3, "Felixton Denim".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.