Friday 13 February 2015

2015 Interior Trends - Discussing Colour, Pattern and The Importance of Texture

Image via

2015 sees new trends and some popular shades such as indigo returning. If you like to keep on top of the trends or want to see what's new this year, then read on as I share the forecast and talk about Designers Guild's latest collection.



Neutral tones will play a big part with focus on different strengths of grey from the softer tones of stone, to deeper charcoal shades. One may wonder if this trend been influenced by the title of the movie, Fifty shades of Grey just hitting our screens. Textured fabrics such as wool and linens will be popular and add interest to neutral tones. There will be a big focus on texture with plenty of chunky knits alongside furs and paisley prints. Strong colours such as indigo and deep greens will also feature.



Personally I don't like to see red in a home, however Pantone colour of the year we know is an earthy shade of red called Marsala. It is not my personal choice but if I had to use this colour, it would combine well with lilac, blues such as teal and shades of olive and taupe. There is still a place for pastel shades with salmon and mint popular choices. 

Designers guild's latest spring range is stunning and features shades of citrus and acacia in their Shanghai Garden collection. This collection truly brings the outside, 'inside'. Below Tricia Guild gives you insight behind this new collection. Tricia points out that neutral colours are important and essential to all their collections so don't think that Designers Guild are always about pattern and colour. Texture also feature in their latest collection with linen and silks working side by side. Actually there are so many fabulous new fabrics in their collection, I can't possibly discuss them all so I would advise you popping over to their website later.

Popular patterns this year will be organic florals, the return of animal prints, butterflies, always classic stripes and geometrics featuring in softer wavy lines. 




Above: Pantone Marsala
Above: Designers Guild's beautiful soft washed linens  from their Brera Lino range
Above: Brera Lino fabrics

Above Biella 100% reversable linen duvet covers in 4 shades. Shown above: dusky blue/ cloud and grey/dove. To view their full range of soft linens and floral and striped cottons, please visit the Designers Guild website.
Above: Shades of blue - Emroidered Kaili armchair from Anthropologie
Above: Texture and pattern in shades of grey
Above: Handknit Tuffet from Anthropologie - I feel this is a returning trend from a few years ago when I wrote,  Hand knits hit interiors in 2011
Above: The importance of organic texture as seen in this Angled Edged console, also available at Anthropologie
Image via
Above: Living walls will feature strongly as organic trends grow - Image via
Above: Image via
Above: Butterlies and an organic feeling in this attic bedroom - Image via
Above: A selection from Christian Lacroix latest cushion collection, featuring Butterflies, flowers and fruit, alongside leopard prints and tropical flowers.

What do you think of the latest trends, do you think they might fit into your home or would you rather stick with what you have? As we know, trends come and go, so I prefer to update a look with a new cushion/pillow rather than going overboard. looking at the trends above, I think I might find a spot for some leopard print this winter and I would also like to introduce indigo to my guest bedroom... It is a never ending circle of decorating in my home, which makes me think it may be time for a totally new project.



Lee oxo


I will be sharing this post with some of the following blogs:



2 comments:

  1. Love the indigo. The marsala is pretty on furniture and accessories but I wouldn't use it on my walls . Don't care for butterflies. Ok in a child's room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol for taking time to comment :). I agree marsala is not a colour I would use on walls, I am not much a fan of the colour at all, it reminds me of Victorian parlours for some odd reason. Indigo is one of my favourite colours and as for the butterflies, I am actually going to use some in a project I have coming up. It is a furniture restoration project which I am quite excited about.The butterflies will be subtle and gold against black...I am hoping it will work :)

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.